NY Attorneys
you can
count on

NY Attorneys
you can
count on

Experience With Burns, Electrocution And Heat Injuries

Some of the most devastating and long-lasting injuries are heat-related. People commonly associate such injuries with house fires, but they can arise from many other unsafe premises issues as well.

If you have been injured because of a property owner’s negligence, and that injury has led to pain, suffering, scars and disfigurement because of heat or electrocution, you need to speak to an attorney. The financial costs of treatment, recovery and your new life post-injury should not fall on your shoulders alone.

Our attorneys at Tarshis & Hammerman are here to help you get what you need from your personal injury claim. We know that no amount of money can undo the damage of an injury or the loss of a loved one, but it can serve to ease the financial burdens of your injury.

We work with clients throughout the five boroughs of New York to collect maximum compensation for injuries caused by negligence. Many of the heat-related injury cases we handle involve premises liability issues. Such cases arise when a property owner was negligent in maintaining a safe premises, either in residential or commercial spaces. Negligence could mean a failure to protect customers, guests or residents from:

  • Exposed wiring in incomplete construction or remodel projects
  • Improperly maintained electrical outlets
  • Lack of fire exit signage
  • Lack of fire doors that delay fire spread
  • Illegal bedrooms lacking exits
  • Faulty smoke alarms and fire alarms
  • Faulty sprinkler systems

Who Was At-Fault Versus Who Was Negligent

While the fire or utility failure may not be the property owner’s fault, building and fire codes need to be in place to protect people from potential injuries. Our attorneys can make sure a strong case is made to investigate the cause of the fire, whether or not the property owner was negligent, how that negligence contributed or caused your injury and to what extent the injury has affected your life.

Contact us for help in seeking compensation for medical bills, lost income and wages or even wrongful death compensation if you have lost a loved one. We can be reached online or by telephone at 877-730-2955.