Queens Criminal Defense Attorneys
When you have been charged with a state or federal crime, you need experienced defense attorneys who understand the legal process from all angles. At Tarshis & Hammerman, you will find a team of lawyers who can evaluate your case and give you a forthright assessment of your legal options. We will provide you with professional, determined and experienced legal representation designed to preserve your freedom.
This approach has obtained positive results for many clients facing charges such as murder, DUI, fraud and all other criminal charges. Contact us for more information.
Former Prosecutors on Your Side – Aggressive New York City Attorneys
Queens criminal defense lawyers Michael Hammerman and Stuart Tarshis each have more than 40 years of legal experience. While serving as prosecutors, we trained other attorneys in the best ways to present cases in Queens County and Kings County. You can be confident that we will use this experience to uncover weaknesses in the government’s case.
Examples of Our Criminal Cases
At Tarshis & Hammerman, we defend clients against all types of federal and state crimes, including:
- Homicide, assault, aggravated assault, rape and other sex crimes, or violent crimes
- Robbery, burglary and larceny, including armed robbery and theft
- Drug charges, including marijuana possession with intent to sell, smuggling heroin and conspiracy to distribute drugs
- DWI, DUI, felony DUI and vehicular homicide
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license
- White collar crimes, including embezzlement, wire fraud, securities fraud and a variety of business crimes
- Guns and weapons offenses
- Juvenile crimes ranging from shoplifting to drug possession to violent crimes
State and Federal Criminal Defense Strategies
We often succeed in getting evidence suppressed or charges dismissed after finding errors in the arrest, the execution of a warrant and other police procedures. If the prosecution presents evidence based on an illegal search and seizure or unreliable witness testimony, or ignores extenuating circumstances, we can use these weaknesses to build a strong defense.
Educating Clients About Their Options
Our ultimate goal is to aggressively protect the rights of our clients and obtain the best possible results. Each case presents unique issues which may have an impact on the ultimate outcome. We carefully and thoroughly evaluate all of these issues so that our clients are fully educated and capable of making wise decisions with the help of counsel.