Queens Family Law Attorneys
If you are going through a divorce or other family law issue, it is important to know how to protect your rights during this very difficult time. At the law firm of Tarshis & Hammerman, our lawyers advocate for our clients’ rights and interests while helping them move forward with their lives. We know that you have many questions about protecting your children and your finances. We pledge to answer your questions and give you the information you need to make wise decisions about your future.
Contact our law office for answers to your difficult family law questions.
Addressing Your Family Law Questions And Concerns In The New York City Area
Our family law clients come to us for answers to questions like these:
- How can I keep the house, or do I need to sell it?
- How can I protect my pension from being depleted?
- How much time will I get with my children?
- How can I make sure we get the child support we need?
- How is child custody determined?
- How is spousal support determined?
- What happens if my ex-spouse wants to move away with my children?
Resolving All Family Law Issues
Since 1985 our Queens divorce lawyers have been helping clients deal with all family law matters, including:
- Filing for divorce, whether no-fault or fault-based, contested or uncontested
- Child custody and visitation issues, including grandparents’ rights
- Child support and spousal maintenance/alimony
- Separation agreements
- Asset allocation and complex property division
- Domestic violence
In 2010, New York joined other states in allowing no-fault divorce. This means that a spouse who wants a divorce no longer has to prove that the other spouse was abusive, cheated or committed any other type of wrongdoing.
Seeking Positive Resolutions While Protecting Your Interests
We believe it is important to seek positive resolutions to family disputes, through various negotiating tactics. We can often develop solutions that will work for both parties. However, if these methods do not produce satisfactory outcomes, we have the experience and resources to stand up for your rights in court. Every family situation is unique and we take pride in offering representation tailored to each client’s individual needs and goals.
Contact An Experienced New York City Family Law Attorney
Please call 877-730-2955 to arrange a free initial consultation to discuss any matrimonial law matter. You may also email our Forest Hills office to schedule your appointment. We serve clients throughout Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Nassau County.