Ms. Tarshis, with more than thirty years of trial experience, is the head of the firm's civil defense litigation practice. In addition to representing major corporate clients, entertainment venues and institutions of higher education, Ms. Tarshis has been designated as a "major case" litigator by prominent insurance companies.
Ms. Tarshis and her team specialize in handling complex litigation in the fields of premises liability, labor law, products liability, construction, wrongful death and property damage.
In 1979 Ms. Tarshis began her legal career with a small personal injury firm specializing in insurance defense. She worked "in house" for an insurance company for three years eventually establishing her own law firm. In 1989 Ms. Tarshis became affiliated with Tarshis & Hammerman LLP.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury Defense
- New York, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1980
- State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, New York
- J.D. - 1978
- Defense Association of New York
- Association of Arbitrators