Mr. Hammerman began his career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Office of the Brooklyn District Attorney in 1971. He eventually was assigned to the Rackets Bureau where he was involved in various white collar investigations and prosecutions as well as extensive Organized Crime investigations utilizing numerous wiretapping and bugging warrants in addition to extended use of Grand Juries as an investigative tool.
He was then promoted to serve as a Deputy Chief of Investigations and later as Bureau Chief of the Economics Crimes and Arson Bureau.
After leaving Brooklyn in 1982, he replicated the Economic Crimes and Arson Bureau for the Queens District Attorney and served as its Chief until 1984 when he left to go into private practice.
In 1985 Mr. Hammerman joined his partner, Mr. Tarshis and formed their current partnership which engages in various types of Criminal and Civil Litigation.
Mr. Hammerman has tried numerous Civil and Criminal matters. He currently engages in Criminal practice, both State and Federal and has represented clients in New York, Ohio, and Florida. Mr. Hammerman has maintained a substantial practice in the Family Law and Matrimonial arena.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense - General & White Collar Crime, State and Federal
- Family Court Proceedings
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Real Estate
- New York, 1972
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1974
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- St. John's University School of Law, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1971
- Queens College of the City University of New York, Queens, NY
- B.A. - 1967
- Major: Accounting and Economics
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the Corporation Counsel of the City of New York, Investigator in the Torts Division, 1967 to 1971
- Office of the Kings County District Attorney, Assistant District Attorney and Bureau Chief, 1971 to 1982
- Office of the Queens County District Attorney, Bureau Chief, Consumer Economic Crimes and Arson, 1982 to 1984